The Big Picture
Do you take pride in helping others succeed? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to do well by doing good? As part of Zoobean’s Client Success Team, you will have the opportunity to help people use our products more effectively and build lifelong reading habits for readers all around the world.
Zoobean is now hiring for a Client Success Specialist who has been successful in a customer-facing role. This role requires someone who considers themselves flexible and a jack-of-all-trades, as no two days will be the same. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role. This can be a remote position, with the Washington, D.C., area preferred.
You will join a scrappy, generous, and entrepreneurial crew of 25 full-time teammates, including seven Client Success Team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over 5 million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
A Day in the Life
As a Client Success Specialist, flexibility is the name of the game. Your typical day may include, but would not be limited to:
Monitoring and responding to support questions from a wide range of clients and individuals using our products in a timely manner using Hubspot’s ticketing system
Learning the ins and outs of our products to help troubleshoot issues and advise on best-use practices
Conducting quality assurance reviews of new and existing clients' Beanstack sites and reading challenges
Assisting in organizing our CRM system (Hubspot), which includes ticket pipelines, property field updating, and reporting
Supporting client success managers by maintaining webinar schedules, reporting, and transferring recordings to the help desk
Supporting the school team with site creation and maintenance and the library team with seasonal DoD site preparation
Assisting in client communications including monthly school reporting, training reminders, and basic FAQs
Actively participating in regularly scheduled team-specific or full-company meetings
We all strive to take on each day while embodying the spirit of Zoobean’s core values: love, inclusion, hard work, and awesomeness.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years in a customer-facing or technology role
- Ability to rapidly learn new technology
- Experience collaborating with a team both locally and virtually
- Excellent written communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proven problem-solving ability
- A love of learning
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
A Big Plus ++
- Experience with Hubspot, ZenDesk, Zoom, Google Suite, and Asana
- Experience in education, SaaS, or customer support
- An avid reader, podcast listener, and Shark Tank enthusiast
- Location: Washington, DC
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $45k to $65k plus commission commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 401K plan with company match
- Stock options in the company as one of the first 30 employees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Work remotely with the option to also lease co-working space
- Receive a $500 stipend, in addition to your company computer and equipment, to setup your home office.
- Meet for in person team lunches once every 6 weeks and an optional fall break at a resort once per year
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out four core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.